Aberdeen, Washingtron
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
W.W. KIMBALL CO., Opus ____, ca. 1910
Charles W. Allen, 1947 - Moving, Electrification, Re-installation, & Additions
GREAT (Expressive) COUPLERS
8 Open Diapason 73 Swell to Pedal [8],4
8 Melodia 73 Great to Pedal [8]
8 Dulciana 73
4 Principal 73 Swell to Great 16,[8],4
8 Oboe Horn (Sw) –-
Tremolo
FINGER PISTONS
Great 16 General 1 - 10
Great Unison [Off] Sw to Ped (rev)
Great 4 Gt to Ped (rev)
SFZ (rev)
Set
SWELL (Expressive) Can
8 Violin Diapason 73
8 Stopped Flute 73
8 Salicional 73 TOE STUDS
8 Voix Celeste (tc) 61 General 1 – 10
8 Aeoline 73 Gt. to Ped. (rev)
4 Harmonic Flute 73 Sforz. (rev)
2-2/3 Nazard 61
2 Flautino 61
8 Oboe Horn 73 PEDAL MOVEMENTS
Tremolo Swell Expression (bal.)
Great Expression (bal.)
Swell 16 Crescendo
Swell Unison [Off]
Swell 4
PEDAL (Expressive) ACTION: E-P ventil & unit
16 Bourdon 32
16 Gedeckt 32 VOICES: 15
10-2/3 Quinte [Gedeckt] –-
8 Major Flute 12 STOPS: 21
8 Flute Dolce 12
blank RANKS: 15
8 Oboe Horn (Sw) –-
4 Oboe Horn (Sw) –- PIPES: 1,001
NOTES
The original W.W. Kimball Co. organ was built for First Christian Church in Yakima. WA.
It was replaced there in 1946 by M.P. Möller's Opus 7235 – a II-manual organ of 12-ranks.
The organ was acquired by Seattle organ builder and Wicks Organ Co. representative Charles
W. Allen who electrified and re-installed the Kimball at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in
Aberdeen.
Also included with relocated instrument were parts from another M.P. Möller organ. This was
Opus 2095 built in 1916 for First Church of Christ, Scientist in Evansville, IN. Parts from
that instrument incorporated into the St. Andrew's installation were the console, the offset
windchests holding notes 62-73, the swell frames and shutters, and the 8' Oboe Horn and its
chests.
All ranks of pipes are original to the Kimball except the Möller 8' Oboe Horn and the Swell
2-2/3' Nazard and 2' Flautino. These latter two ranks are on their own chest. Their origins
are undocumented.
On February 15, 1988, an arsonist set St. Andrew's on fire. The organ sustained only smoke
damage. It was cleaned by Balcom and Vaughan Pipe Organs, Inc. of Seattle, WA. who also
provided the console with a new Lucas solid state combination action.
The original 1947-48 installation by Charles W. Allen was dedicated on April 21, 1948.
Sources: Church histories; conversation with Charles W. Allen; JRS; extant organ
[Received from James R. Stettner 2014-01-18.]