Everett, Washington
First United Presbyterian Church

W.W. KIMBALL CO., ca. 1910
A.D. Longmore, 1929 - Moving, Electrification, Reinstallation


GREAT                                        COUPLERS
  8  Open Diap.                    61          Swell Unis     [to Pedal]         8
  8  Melodia                       61          Great Unis     [to Pedal]         8
  8  Dulc.                         61
     Chimes                       (  )         Swell Sub      [to Great]        16
                                               Swell Unis     [to Great]         8
  Great Super 4'                               Swell Super    [to Great]         4


SWELL (Expressive)                           FOOT LEVERS (Order l - r not verified)
  8  Stop. Diap.                   61          Sw. Piano...........8' S.D.; 8' Sal.
  8  Salic.                        61
  4  Harm. Flute                   61          Sw. Forte................8, 8, 4, 8.
  8  Oboe                    (tc)  49
      Tremolo                                  Gr to Ped.................Reversible

  Swell Sub  16'                               Gr. Piano...................8' Dulc.
  Swell Super 4'
                                               Gr. Forte...................8, 8, 8.

PEDAL                                        
  16  Bourdon                      30        PEDAL MOVEMENTS
                                               Swell Expression              (bal.)
                                               Crescendo                     (bal.)


ACTION: T-P      VOICES: 8      STOPS: 9; inc. chimes      RANKS: 8      Pipes: 445


NOTES
This organ was originally built for the Grand Theatre in Bellingham, WA. It was entirely
chambered and was controlled from a detached console. The exact nomenclature of original 
stops and controls is not known.

In 1929 it was removed by Seattle Kimball representative Arthur D. Longmore and reinstalled
at First United Presbyterian Church in Everett at which time the action was electrified, 
although the new or rebuilt console was still air-operated.

In 1952, Balcom and Vaughan added two ranks - one of which was a Vox Humana.

In 1963, the organ was replaced by a new Wicks. The added Vox Humana was retained. The organ
was moved to the Seattle residence of Elizabeth Lysen by Charles Wassberg.

In 1989, the organ was given to Light of the Cross Lutheran Church in the Thrasher's Corner 
area of Bothell by Elizabeth Lysen. It was installed there by William J. Bunch - former 
President of Balcom and Vaughan - and by Charles Wassberg. It served there for only a short
time, and was evidently plagued by mechanical difficulties which prompted the church to give
it away.

It was removed during August of 1998 by Michael Gardner of Tacoma, who is rebuilding it with
unified action in his home. It may be sold later after refurbishing.


Sources: Encyclopedia of the American Theatre Organ, Vol. I; Eugene M. Nye compilation; JRS;
         extant, original components in Bothell.

 [Received from James R. Stettner 2012-05-27.]