This organ received OHS Citation number 373, 2009-07-07.
Status and Condition
The organ is in an unaltered state from its installation as described on this page.
The organ needs repairs, but is in usable condition.
We received the most recent update on this organ's state and condition February 9, 2017.
Electro-pneumatic (EP) pitman chests.
Four manuals. 5 divisions.
Manual compass is 61 notes.
Pedal compass is 32 notes.
The organ is in chambers to the sides at the front of the room. There are no visible pipes.
Traditional style console with roll top.
The console is movable.
Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
Combination Action: Remote pneumatic/mechanical capture system.
AGO Standard (concave radiating) pedalboard.
Reversible full organ/tutti thumb piston.
Reversible full organ/tutti toe stud.
Combination action thumb pistons.
Combination action toe studs.
Coupler reversible thumb pistons.
Coupler reversible toe studs.
- Status Note: There 1990 (OHS PC Database. October 30, 2004)
- Reported incorrectly that is was "Restored by Samuel Koontz 1990." Koontz carried out significant restorative repairs and re-leathering from 1988 to 1992 bringing the instrument back to playable condition, but did not make a complete restoration. Information from Paul Monachino, Director of Music/Organist, Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral. (OHS PC Database. October 30, 2004)
- Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Extant; console moved in 1980 by Ken and Dorothy Holden; restoration and repairs by Samuel Koontz in 1987-90. (Database Manager. May 15, 2006)
- Updated through online information from Paul Marchesano. -- The organ received OHS Citation #373, to be presented July 7, 2009 (Database Manager. October 19, 2008)
- Updated through online information from Paul Monachino. (Database Manager. May 15, 2009)
- Updated by Paul Monachino, who has heard or played the organ.
Nearly unplayable in the mid-1980's, significant restorative repairs and re-leathering were carried out by Sam Koontz from 1988-1992. Much of the organ still requires restoration. The organ was initially scheduled for installation in the Fall of 1930, but this was delayed until the Winter of 1931. Plans for a thorough and complete restoration await funding. - Paul Monachino, Director of Music/Organist, Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral. (James Cook. February 9, 2017)
Currently we have no online documents associated with this organ entry.
If you can provide us with digital files of contracts, correspondence, dedication programs, or any similar items,
please follow this link to our document upload form to send them to us.
If you would like more information about documents included in the Database,
please see our Documents Information page.
- Schnurr, Jr., Stephen J.. "Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral, Toledo," 2009 Organ Atlas: The City of Cleveland and Northern Ohio (pp. 186-193). [Photographs, stoplists]
Clicking on a link will open the website in a new window or tab.
Please note that we are not responsible for dead links.