Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit
Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
Updated through online information from William Dunklin. -- The Hook organ originally was installed in a rear balcony. A major church remodeling in 1912 included moving the organ from the rear balcony to a position behind the lectern.
Reconstruction of an earlier instrument - probably their 1858 Hook Op. 236. Some pipework was used in their later organ, a rebuilt 1910 Ernest M. Skinner organ moved here in 1952 and rebuilt by Skinner under Carl Bassett.
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).
Related Instrument Entries: E. & G. G. Hook (Opus 236, 1858) , Ernest M. Skinner Co., Inc. (1953)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit