Hillgreen, Lane & Co.
Opus 292, 1911

Salem Lutheran Church

Broadway
Spokane, WA, US

13 Ranks - 683 Pipes
Instrument ID: 25007 ● Builder ID: 2839 ● Location ID: 22124
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGESVIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Keydesk Attached
Design: Traditional With a Keyboard Cover That Can Be Lifted To Form a Music Rack
Pedalboard Type: Flat Straight
Features:
2 Manuals (61 Notes)30 Note Pedal3 Divisions13 Stops13 RegistersTubular Pneumatic (Unknown) Key ActionTubular Pneumatic (Unknown) Stop Action✓ Crescendo

Stop Layout: Unknown
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Details Unknown)
Combination Action: None
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Extant and Playable in this location

Database Manager on April 30th, 2018:

Information from Hillgreen, Lane & Co. opus list, compiled by Bynum Petty

Contract: October 1911

73-note Swell chest

Tubular-pneumatic action

Electric blower

Price: $2,400


Database Manager on January 27th, 2007:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The organ was installed in the spring of 1912 and was a gift of the Young People's Society. The cost was over $1,000.00. It was installed in an alcove on the front wall of the sanctuary in the right corner. The façade contained 23 gold-painted pipes which included notes 3-17 of the Great 8' Open Diapason. The building was lost to fire on February 15, 1949 when a workman's cutting torch ignited dust between the old wooden frame and the newer brick veneer. Only the organ and the altar painting survived the conflagration. The organ was removed by Balcom and Vaughan of Seattle, electrified, and enlarged to 17 ranks for the new edifice.

Related Instrument Entries: Balcom and Vaughan (Opus 501, 1950) , Meadway & Stettner Pipe Organs (1995) , Marceau & Associates Pipe Organ Builders (Opus 26, 2011)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society