Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
From "A History of St. Andrew's Church 1742-1992", page 133
In 1936 Mr. Edward H. Levis, who had been organist at Trinity and served temporarily in that capacity at St. Andrew's in 1910, offered a new organ to the church. The Vestry accepted this gracious gift and a two manual organ, purchased from the Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company, was installed on the north side of the chancel behind the decorative pipes. The manual [sic] which had faced these pipes, necessitating the organist to use a mirror to instruct and watch his choir, was moved to the opposite side of the chancel so that he now faced the choir and could direct them more easily.
The contract specifies "old casework and display pipes are to be used". These would have been from the 1901 Bates & Culley organ. Some pipework from the Bates & Culley (which may have originated in even older organs) may have been reused.
There were two minor alterations to that organ in 1970 which included replacing the Great 4' Flute with a new metal capped flute which blends as it should and the two top octaves of the Swell 16' Bourdon were new at the same time. Curiously, the organ never had a combination action except for a "blind" system that was factory wired. We will be adding a solid state multi-memory level system and new drawknob actions but intend to use the original drawknob heads if possible so there is no visible alteration to the 1936 console. All original wind switching will remain. -- Information from Chuck Gibson who maintains the organ
Updated by Jonathan Stark, who has heard or played the organ.
Everything is working except for the Deagan Harp. The organ is regularly maintained by Chuck Gibson of Monroeville, New Jersey.
Updated through online information from Paul Marchesano. -- The organ contains a Deagan Harp, 49 notes, with vacuum action, mounted above the Swell pipework, inside the Swell box.
Updated through online information from Paul Marchesano.
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
No information.
Webpage Links: Aeolian-Skinner Opus 950 [Facebook - Paul Marchesano]
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit