Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit
Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
Updated through online information from Jay Smith. -- The majority of the organ was sold to an individual who placed it in his home. Other portions of the organ were sold to First Methodist Church in St. Augustine.
Updated through on-line information from Stephen Hall. -- The builder who enlarged the organ to four manuals was Estey, the work was done in 1927.
Identified through on-line information from Stephen Hall. -- No longer in place, presumed destroyed or dispersed. Facade pipes and casework still in place with Aeolian-Skinner Opus 1510 located behind it. The church was built in 1890 by Henry Flagler as a memorial to his daughter who died in childbirth. Flagler spared no expense in the construction, and presumably the organ would have been at least 50 stops. The organ was high in a gallery in the left transept. (The chancel is in this transept, the area that is normally the chancel is a chapel that also functions as overflow seating). The organ was enlarged to four manuals in 1927 by Estey. The organ was replaced in 1970 by Aeolian-Skinner Opus 1510, although the original facade pipes and case work were retained as a screen to the new organ.
Related Instrument Entries: Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 1510, 1970) , Estey Organ Co. (Opus 2598, 1927)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit