Casavant Frères Ltée.
Opus 3217, 1974

Hamline United Methodist Church

Sanctuary

1514 Englewood Avenue
St. Paul, MN, US

62 Ranks - 3,405 Pipes
Instrument ID: 39002 ● Builder ID: 1116 ● Location ID: 13761
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGESVIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️
Click on a stop or division name for additional details if marked with 🛈.

Originally Written/Published: 2017

Open In New Tab

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Console in Fixed Position, Left
Design: Traditional With Roll Top
Pedalboard Type: Concave Radiating (Meeting AGO Standards)
Features:
3 Manuals (61 Notes)32 Note Pedal6 Divisions42 Stops44 RegistersElectrical Key ActionElectrical Stop Action✓ Crescendo✓ Combination Thumb Piston(s)✓ Combination Toe Piston(s)✓ Coupler Thumb Piston(s)✓ Coupler Toe Piston(s)✓ Sforzando Thumb Piston(s)

Stop Layout: Drawknobs in Vertical Rows on Angled Jambs
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Meeting AGO Standards)
Combination Action: Remote Pneumatic/Mechanical Capture
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Extant and Playable in this location

Database Manager on June 20th, 2015:

From the church website: The Antiphonal Organ was installed in the rear balcony in 1972. This organ console consists of one manual and full pedal board. The pipes and chests are mounted on the rear wall on either side of the Samuel F. Kerfoot stained glass window. It contains 8 stops, 13 ranks, and 793 pipes. It can be played from the Chancel Organ console as well as from the console in the balcony. The Chancel Organ, built in 1974, has a console of three manuals and a full pedal board. It has 39 stops, 52 ranks and 3,535 pipes, plus chimes, cymbelstern, and nachtigall. The Great division and part of the Pedal division are placed on either side of the George Henry Bridgman stained glass window on the front (chancel) wall. The Positiv division stands at the base of the same window and above the reredos. The remainder of Pedal division fits in the chamber to the right of the chancel. The Swell division is immediately behind the Pedal division. Two digital stops, 32-foot Sub Bourdon and Posaune, were added to the Pedal division in 1995. It is a memorial to Ellen M. Erickson, given by her daughter and son-in-law, Jean and Wilbur (Chris) Donaldson. In 2000 the combination pistons were enlarged and converted to computerized controls. In 2001 a Nachtigall stop was added. Two new stops (16-foot Diapason and a 10 2/3-foot Quintbass) and forty-four 16-foot open wood pipes were added to the Pedal division in 2014.


Database Manager on April 6th, 2010:

Updated through online information from Jeff Scofield. -- The Antiphonal has its own one-manual console and pedal.


Database Manager on October 11th, 2009:

Updated by Rae Bolton from information furnished by Casavant Frères, courtesy of Simon Couture.


Database Manager on February 9th, 2009:

Identified through online information from Richard C Greene.

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society