Robert A. Markham
1963ca.

Originally Henry Pilcher's Sons (Opus 810, 1914)

First Methodist Church

Chancel

4901 Cobbs Drive
Waco, TX, US

Instrument ID: 46917 ● Builder ID: 3986 ● Location ID: 41389
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGES

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

No stoplist details are available. If you have stoplists, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Console in Fixed Position, Left
Design: Traditional Without Cover
Pedalboard Type: Unknown
Features:
3 Manuals 4 DivisionsElectrical Key ActionElectrical Stop Action

Stop Layout: Unknown
Expression Type: Unknown
Combination Action: Setterboard
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Database Manager on June 12th, 2015:

Updated through online information from T. Bradford Willis. -- The original edifice for the First Methodist Church at 4901 Cobbs Drive was designed by Henry J. Steinbomer (1902-1964) of San Antonio, Texas.


Database Manager on August 31st, 2010:

Updated through on-line information from T. Bradford Willis, DDS.


Database Manager on July 8th, 2010:

Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- This was the transplanting and rebuilding of the 1914 Henry Pilcher's Sons organ originally built for the Hippodrome Theatre in Waco, and reinstalled at the 1876 edifice of Fifth Street M.E. Church South/First Methodist of Waco in 1928. After a new and larger worship center was built in 1984, the old sanctuary became a chapel for a time. According to a July 6, 2010 email from Waco resident Dr. T. Bradford Willis, in more recent years, the former sanctuary/chapel was converted to other uses. The chancel furnishings were sold and/or given away. Part of the Markham/Pilcher was junked, but portions were given two two churches.

Related Instrument Entries: Henry Pilcher's Sons (Opus 810, 1914) , Unknown Builder (1928) , Unknown Builder , Wicks (2005)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society