Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
Joseph Casavant-s sons completely rebuilt the organ in 1892 as a 52-stop instrument over 3 manuals and pedal. The instrument used an electro-pneumatic action which represented a new summit for the Casavant firm. The main section of the organ is located in the rear gallery while a second organ, a 17-stop choir organ over 3 manuals and pedal, is located in two arches over the sanctuary and is known as the Sanctuary Organ. Both organs are played from the console in the rear gallery.
From the very beginning, the organ case was divided into two sections in order to show the magnificent stained-glass window. Originally the console was attached to the left organ case.
New stops were added in 1917. A more modern console was installed in 1940 when a major rebuild was undertaken and, in 1975, a revision of the electric action was carried out. (Cathedral website)
Identified through information in Casavant documents, courtesy of Simon Couture. Rebuilt as Op. 1647.
New console and tonal changes in 1917 as Casavant Op. 715; rebuild, tonal changes and new console in 1940 as Casavant Op. 1647; rebuild and tonal changes in 1998 by Guilbaut-Therien.
Related Instrument Entries: Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 1647, 1940) , Guilbault-Thérien (1998)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit