Proscia Organ Company
2013

Originally Henry Pilcher's Sons (Opus 880, 1916)

First United Methodist Church

806 Main Street
Roanoke, AL, US

20 Ranks
Instrument ID: 50173 ● Builder ID: 7980 ● Location ID: 44063
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGESVIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Unknown
Design: Traditional Without Cover
Pedalboard Type: Concave Radiating (Meeting AGO Standards)
Features:
2 Manuals (61 Notes)32 Note Pedal3 Divisions✓ Combination Thumb Piston(s)✓ Combination Toe Piston(s)✓ Coupler Thumb Piston(s)✓ Coupler Toe Piston(s)✓ Sforzando Thumb Piston(s)

Stop Layout: Drawknobs in Horizontal Row Above Top Manual
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Meeting AGO Standards)
Combination Action: Computerized/Digital
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Extant and Playable in this location

Database Manager on August 3rd, 2013:

Updated through online information from Jim Cook.


Database Manager on August 15th, 2012:

Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock.


Database Manager on August 13th, 2012:

Identified through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- As reported in "The Diapason," Vol. 103, No. 8, Michael Proscia Organbuilder, Inc., is in the process of "re-engineer[ing] and enlarg[ing]" the "circa-1920 Pilcher organ. When installed, the casework ran the full-width of the 35-foot wide balcony, and, with the facade pipes, completely obstructed from view the large stained glass window immediately behind the organ. The cornerstone of the church is dated 1902; since that time, the elements have taken their toll on the wood and metal supports of the window. Contraction and expansion of the lead elements that bind the window together have deteriorated, separating from the glass, and have allowed rain water to enter, damaging lathe and plaster work applied to the interior walls of the sanctuary, particularly inside the swell box. Repair of the window can take place only if the organ is removed, allowing access to the window. The organ will be re-engineered (divided) to allow the window to be seen and the 'prepared for' stops (and others) to be installed. . . . Proscia will return the speaking facade pipes to their original intent after they have been stripped of gold-colored spray paint, and repaired as required; then, new gold lacquer will be applied."

Related Instrument Entries: Greenwood Organ Co. (1976) , Henry Pilcher's Sons (Opus 880, 1916) , Henry Pilcher's Sons (Opus 1460.5, 1928)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society