Geo. S. Hutchings (& Co.)
1898

Originally E. & G. G. Hook (Opus 254, 1859)

Zion Lutheran Church / All Saints Lutheran Church

91 West Newton Street
Boston, MA, US

33 Ranks - 1,713 Pipes
Instrument ID: 5991 ● Builder ID: 3041 ● Location ID: 5688
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.VIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

Plenum Organ Company

🤝 Instrument entries in Massachusetts sponsored by:

We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue our mission of preserving and promoting the rich history of pipe organs across the globe.

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

No images are available. If you have pictures of this instrument, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add Image

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Keydesk Attached
Design: Traditional With a Keyboard Cover That Can Be Lifted To Form a Music Rack
Pedalboard Type: Flat Straight
Features:
3 Manuals (56 Notes)27 Note Pedal4 Divisions30 Stops32 RegistersMechanical (Unknown) Key ActionMechanical Stop Action

Stop Layout: Drawknobs in Horizontal Rows on Terraced/Stepped Jambs
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Details Unknown)
Combination Action: Fixed Mechanical
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
Exhibited in the 1961 OHS convention(s)
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Database Manager on September 17th, 2008:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- It is thought that Geo. S. Hutchings relocated the organ to this location. The organ as originally installed at Church of the Unity had no facade. The case work and stenciled facade pipes were added at this time. The original organ also had no combination foot trundles. These may have been added at the time of the 1870 E. & G.G. Hook & Hastings work, or when the organ was relocated. The original hitch-down/ratchet swell mechanism was also replaced by a balanced swell pedal at an undocumented time. The organ was removed by Andover in 1979.


Database Manager on October 30th, 2004:

From Church of the Unity, Boston in 1898 [by Hutchings or Hook?]. Building was Zion Lutheran (later renamed First Lutheran). Building sold to All Saints Lutheran in 1957, which closed 1970's. Organ placed in storage in the Andover shop and later sold to Holy Trinity Lutheran, Easton, MA.

Related Instrument Entries: Andover Organ Co. (Opus R-229, 1982) , E. & G. G. Hook (Opus 254, 1859)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society