Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
| Great Organ | ||
| 8' | Open Diapason | 56 |
| 8' | Dulciana | 56 |
| 8' | Doppel Flute | 56 |
| 4' | Octave | 56 |
| 2 2⁄3' | Octave Quint | 56 |
| 2' | Super Octave | 56 |
| 8' | Trumpet | 56 |
| Swell Organ🛈 | ||
| 16' | Bourdon | 56 |
| 8' | Violin Diapason | 56 |
| 8' | Stop Diapason | 56 |
| 8' | Salicional | 56 |
| 4' | Flute Harmonic | 56 |
| 2' | Flageolet | 56 |
| Blank🛈 | ||
| 8' | Oboe | 56 |
| Pedal Organ | ||
| 16' | Bourdon | 27 |
| Couplers | ||
| Swell to Great | ||
| Swell to Pedal | ||
| Great to Pedal |
| Mechanical Accessories | ||
| Swell Tremolo | ||
| Engine Starter | ||
| Wind Indicator |
| Pedal Movements | ||
| Forte to Great Organ | ||
| Piano to Great Organ | ||
| Forte to Swell Organ | ||
| Piano to Swell Organ | ||
| Balanced Swell Pedal |
Original contract is held in the files at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Mount Holly, NJ
Open In New TabSomething missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
The Bates & Culley contract states: The party of the first part to remove the old organs from Trinity and St. Andrew's Churches to their factory and by combining the best parts of both of them with much new work to construct an organ to conform to the foregoing scheme. It is assumed the organ from St. Andrew's was the 1866 Marklove (the empty facade of which is still in St. Andrew's balcony.) Per the Roosevelet Organs worklist of August 1892, the organ from Trinity was Roosevelt opus 202 of 1884, two manuals and 11 speaking stops.
From "A History of St. Andrew's Church 1742-1992"
In 1900 when the congregation of Trinty Church rejoined St. Andrew's Church, the organ which had been donated to Trinity by Mrs. Theodore H. Risdon as a memorial to her husband was presented to St. Andrew's. That organ and the old organ from St. Andrew's were sent to the Bates and Culley Organ Builders of Philadelphia, where the best parts of each were combined. The resulting organ with a water motor was played in St. Andrew's for the first time on October 13, 1901. The organ company continued to maintain the organ through 1916.
From 1917 until 1925 Mr. E. A. Rodeau was awarded the organ maintenance contract. Mr. Rodeau of Haddonfield, New Jersey had served as organist for a brief period, 1909-1910. It was under this contract that the original water motor was replaced by an electric motor and blower. New stops were added and the bellows were repaired.
The Bates & Culley organ was replaced in 1936 by Aeolian-Skinner Opus 950.
Related Instrument Entries: John Gale Marklove (1866)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit