Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit
Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
According to an article in the Brantford Expositor, the church's 2-manual organ was rebuilt and electrified, incorporating the existing pipework and casework into a 3-manual organ with a horseshoe-type console. According to the church's website this organ contained 1,430 pipes. When the tower of the church fell during a windstorm in 1959 and irreperably damaged the building, it was decided to build a new edifice and to incorporate the existing organ (which, apart from the console, wasn't apparently damaged). Both the Keates Organ Company and (William) Legge Organ Company of Burford are credited with modifying the instrument, the addition of 4 new stops (bringing the pipe-count to 1,821), and providing a new console in time for the opening of the new church building in 1961.
Related Instrument Entries: Farrand & Votey Organ Co. (1892)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit