Keates-Geissler Pipe Organs Ltd
1984

Originally R. S. Williams & Sons (1904)

Calvin Christian Reformed Church

420 Highway 5 West
Dundas, ON, CA

18 Ranks - 1,086 Pipes
Instrument ID: 70102 ● Builder ID: 3289 ● Location ID: 60579
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGESVIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️
Click on a stop or division name for additional details if marked with 🛈.

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: R. S. Williams & Sons
Position: Keydesk Attached
Design: Traditional With a Keyboard Cover That Can Be Lifted To Form a Music Rack
Pedalboard Type: Flat Straight
Features:
2 Manuals (58 Notes)27 Note Pedal3 Divisions19 Stops23 RegistersMechanical (Unknown) Key Action

Stop Layout: Drawknobs in Horizontal Rows on Terraced/Stepped Jambs
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Details Unknown)
Combination Action: Unknown
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
Exhibited in the 2023 OHS convention(s)
This instrument is: Extant and Playable in this location

Paul R. Marchesano on July 14th, 2023:

The nearly 120-year-old R.S. Williams & Sons Co. tracker organ of the Calvin Christian Reformed Church on Highway 5 was purchased by the congregation for its new building in 1958 for the princely sum of Can$3,500.

The R.S. Williams & Sons organ was tonally revised in 1974 by Dubay Organs, then overhauled and enlarged in 1984 by Keates-Geissler. While the crew was cleaning and repairing the chests, they found a notation inside—“Meaford, Ontario, 1904”—likely the time and place of the original installation.

In 2007 the Swell division’s wooden Waldflute 2ʹ pipes, which had proven almost impossible to keep tuned, were replaced with a more stable metal Flachflöte 2ʹ. The Pedal’s Bourdon 8ʹ was added in 2012, extending the 16ʹ rank of the same name. The tubular pneumatic action of the façade pipes (two octaves of the Open Diapason 8ʹ, one octave of the Principal 4ʹ) and the Pedal division have been replaced with electric action in order to make playing more reliable.
-- 2023 OHS Handbook

Related Instrument Entries: Dubay Organs Co. (1974) , R. S. Williams & Sons (1904)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society