Wangerin-Weickhardt Co.
1912

St. John's Lutheran Church

Sanctuary; front

115 North Spring Street
Elgin, IL, US

25 Ranks - 1,664 Pipes - 3 Physical Divisions
Instrument ID: 72878 ● Builder ID: 6513 ● Location ID: 44345
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

Plenum Organ Company

🤝 Instrument entries in Illinois sponsored by:

We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue our mission of preserving and promoting the rich history of pipe organs across the globe.

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

No images are available. If you have pictures of this instrument, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add Image

STOPLISTS

No stoplist details are available. If you have stoplists, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Wangerin-Weickhardt Co.
Position: Unknown
Design: Unknown
Pedalboard Type: Unknown
Features:
2 Manuals 3 Divisions✓ Crescendo

Stop Layout: Unknown
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Details Unknown)
Combination Action: Unknown
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Jim Stettner on April 5th, 2025:

This entry represents the installation of a new organ. Identified from the centennial church history, A century of God's grace, 1859-1959, St. John's Lutheran Church, Elgin, Illinois page 6, which states, "When the present church was erected in 1912 a Weickhardt pipe organ was installed to beautify worship services. The tonal quality of this instrument is well known, being recognized as one of the finer organs of the Elgin area. The organ has two chambers, a swell and a great, and twenty-five ranks. Its 1664 pipes range from thimble-size to those about four feet in circumference and about twenty feet tall."

1928 - Deagan chimes were added to the organ as a gift from the Mission Society.

Related Instrument Entries: Emanuel Semerad Sr. (& Son) (1959) , James Gruber (Gruber Pipe Organs, Inc.) (1982)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society