Geo. S. Hutchings (& Co.)
Opus 426, 1897

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church [1897]

Sanctuary

35 South Franklin Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA, US

37 Ranks - 2,090 Pipes
Instrument ID: 74071 ● Builder ID: 3041 ● Location ID: 10700
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.VIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

Plenum Organ Company

🤝 Instrument entries in Pennsylvania sponsored by:

We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue our mission of preserving and promoting the rich history of pipe organs across the globe.

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

No images are available. If you have pictures of this instrument, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add Image

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️
Click on a stop or division name for additional details if marked with 🛈.

Great & Swell: forte, mezzo & piano combinations (each) Detached reversed console
Originally Written/Published: June 25, 1897

Open In New Tab

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Geo. S. Hutchings (& Co.)
Position: Unknown
Design: Unknown
Pedalboard Type: Unknown
Features:
3 Manuals (61 Notes)30 Note Pedal4 Divisions42 Registers✓ Coupler Toe Piston(s)

Stop Layout: Unknown
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Details Unknown)
Combination Action: Fixed Mechanical
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Jim Stettner on November 27th, 2025:

This entry represents the installation of a new organ. Identified through online information from Andrew Henderson [November 26, 2025]. Further verified from the Hutchings opus list as published in the Boston Organ Club Newsletter Fall1981-Fall 1982, page 20.

Notes with the Boston Organ Club Newsletter listing state, "Replaced by a three-manual Aeolian-Skinner, Opus 1230, 1953 containing Hutchings pipework." However, a new Austin (Opus 136) was installed in 1905, and modified/enlarged by Austin in 1914-15 before the Aeolian-Skinner work.

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society