Marshall-Bennett Co.
1906

Originally Unknown Builder

First Methodist Episcopal Church / St. Peter's English Evangelical Lutheran Church

Sanctuary; front

122 South Jackson Street
Janesville, WI, US

Instrument ID: 74196 ● Builder ID: 4012 ● Location ID: 62770
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGES

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

No stoplist details are available. If you have stoplists, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

No console details are available. If you have information, please consider sharing it with us.

Something missing?Add Console

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Jim Stettner on February 7th, 2026:

This entry represents the installation of a used organ. Identified through online information from Andrew Henderson [February 6, 2026]: organ transferred from Cargill Memorial Methodist Church.


Nathan Bienz on December 17th, 2025:

The First Methodist Episcopal Church of Janesville was organized in 1843 and built its first house of worship in 1848 on the east side of Center Street (today known as McKinley Steet). Its second church building, a brick structure, 75' x 45', was completed in July of 1853 at the corner of Center and Jackson Streets, nearly opposite its original building. A daughter congregation, Court Street Methodist Episcopal Church, was organized in 1867. In 1904, the two remerged to form "The Central Methodist Episcopal Church," since renamed to Cargill United Methodist Church. First Methodist's former building was sold to the fledgling St. Peter's English Evangelical Lutheran Church, which had been organized only the year before (in 1903). St. Peter's continued to use the building until 1956, when they built a new church in the suburbs. The old building was razed sometime before 1985.

Sources: The History of Rock County, Wisconsin. . . (Chicago: Western Historical Company, 1879), 553–54.

https://www.cargillumc.org/history/

https://search.library.wisc.edu/digital/AQL6UW74X2BWAP8L

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society