Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing?Add Stoplist
Something missing?Add Console
In 1912, a 4-manual 50-stop instrument was installed by Canadian Pipe Organ Company; it was inaugurated by the church's organist, Harold St. John Naftel, on November 27th, 1912. In 1950, Casavant Frères was commissioned to electrify the instrument, to carry out renovations and to add a new console and three new stops. Hill, Norman & Beard in 1962, renovated the organ and enlarged it to 59 stop. During summer 1993, Stephen Miller, from Casavant Frères, and Donald Hadfield accomplished a through refurbishment of the instrument. Additional work, including the installation of new pipes, was carried out during the summer of 1995. In 2012, the organ at St. Matthew's Anglican Church became available and was purchased by Holy Trinity for eventual use as an Antiphonal organ.
Related Instrument Entries: Canadian Pipe Organ Co. Limited (1912) , Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 2014, 1950) , S. R. Warren & Sons (1878)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit