Updated through online information from Paul Dessau. -- email from Austin organs--"The Organ contract was signed and the organ installed in 1913, later renovated in 1972 by Milnar Pipe Organ Service."
Updated through online information from William Dunklin. -- To clarify, this facility was built as First Presbyterian in 1850. In 1955, the majority of the congregation moved to the suburbs and took the name First Presbyterian with them. The minority of the congregation bought the old building and chose the new name Downtown Presbyterian. Downtown Presbyterian's building was designed by William Strickland in Egyptian Revival style. The first organ was built by E. & G G Hook with a case in the same exotic style. The Austin case replaced the Hook case and it too is in Egyptian Revival style.
On-line update from Melvin Potts -- Aeolian-Skinner console added 1946. Organ was substantially rebuilt and altered by the Milnar Organ Company in early 70s.
Information identifying this instrument from the Austin Organs, Inc. web site, accessed December 16, 2004: http://www.austinorgans.com/organ-research.htm.
Chancel, Console, and Pipe Facade: Photograph courtesy of Austin Organ Company and supplied by Paul Dessau.