The 8' flute on this organ consists of 12 stopped notes for the lowest octave but the remainder 39 pipes are all open wood. It is not a Gedackt stop,
Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- Timeline of organ's history summarized from "The Diapason, April 2012, Vol. 103, No. 4," Installed by Tannenberg in 1770 in stone Zion Lutheran Church building, located in small gallery; rebuilt and moved by Samuel Bohler of Reading, PA to replacement brick structure in 1894 (Bohler replaced original Bellows with internal winding system, replaced keydesk and keyboard, altered the stop action, removed Terz & Mixtur, and added 2 new unison-pitched stops); in 2010 R.J. Brunner & Co. was selected to undertake a historic restoration, during which the missing stops were replaced and the original (or authentic) winding system reconstructed. An electric blower was added to provide an alternate source of wind. The 1770 Tannenberg in Zion Lutheran, Moselem Springs, is the oldest extant Tannenberg organ, and may be the oldest surviving organ in the American colonies. It is also the only surviving example of a Tannenberg organ with a walnut case (although the case was subsequently painted several times, it was returned to a natural walnut finish in the 2010 restoration).
Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock.
Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- Restored by R. J. Brunner & Co. in 2010-11. Rededicated in church Sunday, October 2, 2011. Rededication recital given by Philip T.D. Cooper.
Rebuilt by Samuel Bohler 1894 (for current 1896 bldg?), with new keydesk, winding system, and roller board,, removing Terz & Mixture (1-8). Rebuilt by Joseph Chapline 1971, 1-9, with new Terz and Mixture, reconstructed keydesk (similar to original). Case of walnut and in its original state until at least the third quarter of the 19th century. Church also bought a Conn electronic in 1957.