This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by Sam Cherubin, based on personal knowledge of the organ. -- Revisions completed in 1963 (Opus 883-A, 883-B, 883-C).We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Updated through online information from Sam Cherubin. -- In both the transepts in the Cathedral there are two organs in either of them with two identical visible organ chambers in the Great Choir area with the organ console on the right side. Pipes are in the triforium level of the cathedral. At triforium level at the High Altar just opposite of the West End is a rank of Trompette en Chamade pipes; most of them are horizontal and rest are behind in an unenclosed chamber.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Modifications to Aeolian-Skinner 883. Converted to direct electric action 1993. Tonally altered.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Console, Robert J. Barrow (Cathedral Organist), and E. M. Skinner (Builder): Photograph by Harris and Ewing; image courtesy of the Library of Congress. Taken on 1938-04-16