Updated through online information from scot huntington. -- The Odell organ was installed in Amenia Union in March, 1888, by Geo. Jardine & Son, having been taken in trade from an unknown location.
The organ was altered by Wm D. Osterhoudt of Poughkeepsie in Sept., 1928, not John Smith. Osterhoudt replaced the Dulciana with an Aeoline, and installed a balanced expression pedal.
Robert Smith of White Plains renovated the organ in Apr. 1951, installing slide tuners, rebuilding the pedalboard and adding a new Spencer Jr. blower, unfortunately removing the original feeder and pumping mechanism in the process.
In Apr. 1977, Gordon Auchincloss restored the original hitch-down mechanism, reconstructed the pedalboard, and installed a new Meidinger blower.
The organ was restored according to O.H.S., guidelines by S.L. Huntington & Co., Stonington, Ct. in 2001. Among routine restorative repairs,the 1928 Aeoline was replaced with a reconstruction of the original Dulciana, and the metal treble pipes were lengthened to restore the original pitch and cone-tuning. The feeder was discovered behind a pile of rubble in the cellar and returned to the instrument.
SLH & Co. added a new Ventus blower in Nov. 2004.
In 2012, the church floor was found to be danger of imminent collapse. During the extensive building renovation which followed, workmen discarded the original feeder.
Status Note: There 1982.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
[Has also been listed as possibly Robjohn c. 1860.] From unknown. Purchased from Jardine in 1886 for $500. 20 note pedalboard and pedal coupler added by Jardine. Altered by John J. Smith c. 1930: added concave, radiating, permanently-coupled pedalboard and balanced swell pedal. Manual compass 56n. Recessed console.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.