Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

(Ivan P.) Morel & Associates (1973)

Originally Henry Pilcher's Sons (Opus 419, 1902)

Location:

Central Christian Church
3690 Cherry Creek South Dr.
Denver, CO 80209 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 45721

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Disciples of Christ / Christian Church
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 44 ranks. 2,645 pipes. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 36 stops. 75 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 36
  • Registers: 75
  • Position: Console in fixed position, right.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Tilting/rocking tablets above top manual.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Piston(s)
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Piston(s)
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on September 27, 2012:

Updated through online information from Richard Morel. -- Our firm made tonal changes and moved the organ to the new sanctuary in 1973, replaced the Swell wind chests in 1998, and rebuilt the console in 2000. We continue to maintain the organ on a regular basis

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on January 06, 2010:

Identified through on-line information from Jeff Scofield. -- Originally installed in the old sanctuary in 1902 as Pilcher Op. 419; Choir division and new console added in 1953 by Reuter as Op. 1036.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Stoplist take from console: Open In New Tab Original document from Margaret Stookesberry. Originally published 2018-08-27
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on December 18, 2018.

Instrument Images:

Pipework: Photograph by Margaret Stookesberry. Taken on 2013-01-15

Pipework: Photograph by Margaret Stookesberry. Taken on 2013-01-15

Pipework: Photograph by Margaret Stookesberry. Taken on 2013-01-15

Pipework: Photograph by Margaret Stookesberry. Taken on 2013-01-15

Sanctuary interior: Photograph by Photograph by Bryan Dunnewald, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2009-11-24

Console: Photograph by Photograph by Bryan Dunnewald, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2009-11-24

Console: Photograph by Photograph by Bryan Dunnewald, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2009-11-24

Rocker tablets: Photograph by Photograph by Bryan Dunnewald, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2009-11-24

This instrument has been viewed 189 times.