Updated through online information from Alex Fries.
The organ was relocated to St. John Vianney in Northlake, IL, sometime after St. Boniface was closed (1990). It was installed without the original facade.
Updated through online information from Alex Fries. -- The church is abandoned and the organ has been removed.
An original installation. Identified by T. Daniel Hancock, using information found in The Stopt Diapason, June 1982, which reports the organ was "installed with the help of a gift from Andrew Carnegie."
"Originally the organ was tubular pneumatic and was subsequently changed to electropneumatic action," maybe by H.B. Harrison, who replaced the console in the 1950's, but perhaps earlier. "The organ is a rear gallery installation framing an especially beautiful rose window which depicts St. Cecilia playing a small positiv. The facade pipes are double-rowed; all the front pipes speak, but the second row is just suspended short tubes designed to look like pipes rising higher than the real pipes in front. The organ has slider chests..."
"The Swell and the Choir are in the same box. The organ is probably tonally unaltered."