Updated through online information from Scot Huntington.
The original Simmons & Willcox failed mechanically shortly after its construction and was rebuilt by Henry Erben. This is the instrument that was substantially rebuilt and enlarged by Odell as an essentially new instrument mechanically, while incorporating many old ranks.
The monumental church designed by Patrick Keely closed in 1994, and has changed hands several times since, with an equal number of aborted plans for its multi-million dollar restoration and reuse, including such diverse plans as a brewery, arts center, and mausoleum. In 2013 the building was deeded back to the city of Albany, with no clear plan for its future or controversial preservation.
The building was stabilized from imminent collapse in 2007, but remains in severely debilitated condition. The Odell has been subject to some vandalism since the church's closure, but is believed to be still mechanically intact. The massive 1859 Simmons & Willcox 32' open wood Diapason is extant and can be glimpsed through the broken windows of the tower. An examination of the Odell is needed to determine how much Simmons and Erben pipework, if any, may still remain.
This organ was the Magnum Opus of J.H. & C.S. Odell