From builder ad, 1987 OHS Handbook: "The E. & G.G. Hook organ of 1864 (21 stops) was given some modifications in 1914, rebuilt with electric pull-down actions by E.M. Skinner in 1949, and then completey reworked in 1960 by Williams Co. Since only 20% of the original Hook remained when work began "rebuilding" the organ, a new instrument of 32 stops and 39 ranks was designed in the style of an 1864 Hook using most of the Hook parts which could be preserved. The new key and stop actions are mechanical. An electric combination action with two levels of memory and 20 pistons activates the mechanical stop action. A Hook style console has been created with 58 note manual compass, 32 note pedal compass, and specially turned Rosewood drawknobs with ivory faces engraved with scipt lettering. The original Hook organ inspired E.M. Skinner whose father was soloist at this church."
Status Note: There 1996.
El. combination action.Some pipework from church's previous 1864 E. & G. G. Hook, Op. 348 (reb. by E. M. Skinner 1949 & Williams Co. 1960 - console.) 3rd manual is coupler manual.