Updated through online information from Xaver Wilhelmy. -- Tracker action has been modified to be self-adjusting to humidity changes in 2003 by Wilhelmy Organbuilders. The organ is in good condition and continuous use.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- According to a published booklet on the organ, the reason that the original Simmons & Willcox Pedal windchest was electrified was because space restrictions in Mt. Vernon required the original 16' Open Wood Bass to be installed horizontally rather than as originally built. The original pedalboard compass was 27 notes.
The original builder was Simmons & Willcox (c. 1860).
Status Note: There 2001.
Relocated from St. Phillip's R. C., Boston. Removed when St. Phillip's closed in 1977. Later storage at Hamar shop, then Frels shop. Sold here in 1982. The Swell and Pedal were enlarged. Ped 16' are on the original Simmons windchest which has been electrified. [Replaced a 1946 Austin Op. 2065 behind the case of a 1906 Hook & Hastings.]