Identified from The Pomfret School Wikipedia listing and the Messrs. Czelusniak et Dugal, Inc. website.
The organ was originally built by the Hutchings firm of Boston as their Opus 1640 in 1908. The organ was extensively modified in 1962 by Welte-Whalon of Portsmouth, RI.
The 1987 work included a new 3-manual Austin console drawknob console and extensions of two reed ranks. Messrs. Czelusniak et Dugal, Inc. who maintain the instrument have done additional tonal work. Two electronic 32-foot stops were added by the Walker Technical Company of Zionsville, Pennsylvania. And in honor of Pomfret School’s Centennial Year, a Festival Trumpet was added in 1993. This stop, modeled after the Harrison festival trumpet at All Saints’ Church, Worcester, Massachusetts, was built by David Broome at The Austin Organ Company.
Organ facade in the central tower at the front of the chapel: Photograph by Stephen St. Denis. Taken on 2021-03-30