Updated by William Catanesye, who maintains the organ.
Pedal compass expanded from 30 to 32 in 1968
Posted to PipeChat August 30, 2009 by Dick Lahaise: -- The organ at Mission Church was built in 1897 by George Hutchings (Opus 410) Bob and Dick Lahaise of Jamaica Plain in consultation with Charles Fisk modified the action, extended the pedal compass to 32 and rebuilt the chests in 1968 and made further tonal reinstatements in 1997. (by which time Bob had died of cancer) Scott Huntington wrote in the OHS 2000 yearbook, "The 1968 rebuild of the Mission Church Hutchings aimed to give the organ a fluency in French and German Baroque music. More recent attention has endeavored to restore some of the opulent provision of eight foot tone found in the 1897 specification. The Great plenum and effective chorus reeds throughout the instrument remain essentially intact."
The original builder was George S. Hutchings (1897, Opus 410).
Status Note: There 1995
New slider chests. A new console was provided, though the bat-wing console still existed. The tonal work in consultation with Charles Fisk. Historic Organs Recital 22 Oct 1989. Additional modifications and tonal changes by Lahaise in 1997.