Arthur D. Longmore
1929 ca.

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1910 ca.)

First United Presbyterian Church

2531 Hoyt Ave.
Everett, WA, US

8 Ranks - 445 Pipes - 3 Physical Divisions
Instrument ID: 19123 ● Builder ID: 3834 ● Location ID: 17344
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGESVIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Console in Fixed Position, Left
Design: Traditional With Roll Top
Pedalboard Type: Concave Radiating (Details Unknown)
Features:
2 Manuals (61 Notes)30 Note Pedal3 Divisions9 Stops8 RegistersElectrical Key ActionElectrical Stop Action✓ Crescendo✓ Coupler Toe Piston(s)

Stop Layout: Stop Keys Above Top Manual
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Details Unknown)
Combination Action: Fixed Mechanical
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Database Manager on November 3rd, 2008:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.


Database Manager on January 1st, 2006:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The organ was originally built for the Grand Theatre in Bellingham, Wshington. It was entirely chambered and controlled from a detached console. In 1929, it was removed by Seattle Kimball representative Arthur D. Longmore, and installed here at First United Presbyterian - at which time the original T-P action was electrified. In 1952, Balcom and Vaughan added two ranks to the Kimball. It was replaced in 1963 by a new 2-manual Wicks, and the Kimball was acquired by Elizabeth Lysen for her Seattle residence. In 1989, she gave it to Light of the Cross Lutheran Church in the Thrasher's Corner area of Bothell, Washington, where it was installed by former Balcom and Vaughan President William J. Bunch assisted by Charles Wassberg, who also playd the re-dedication recital. It served there for only a short time, and was evidently plagued by mechanical difficulties which ultimately prompted the church to give it away. It was removed in August of 1998 by Michael Gardner of Tacoma, Washington, who was rebuilding it with a unit action in his home. Its subsequent placement is unknown.


Database Manager on July 18th, 2005:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Orig. built for the Grand Theatre in Bellingham, WA. Was tubular pneumatic. 1929, removed by Seattle Kimball rep. Arthur D. Longmore, primaries electrified, and installed at First United Presbyterian in Everett, WA. 1952, Balcom and Vaughan added two ranks - one of which was a Vox Humana. Replaced here in 1963 by a new II-manual Wicks. Vox Humana retained.

Related Instrument Entries: Charles Wassberg (1989ca.) , W. W. Kimball Co. (1910 ca.) , Charles Wassberg (1963ca.) , Wicks Organ Co. (Opus 4688, 1963)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society