Unknown Builder
1901

Originally Henry Erben (1851)

Presbyterian Church

Leesburg, VA, US

4 Ranks - 190 Pipes
Instrument ID: 4812 ● Builder ID: 6193 ● Location ID: 4568
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

No images are available. If you have pictures of this instrument, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add Image

STOPLISTS

No stoplist details are available. If you have stoplists, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Henry Erben
Position: Keydesk Attached, Manuals Set Into Case
Design: Traditional With Hinged Doors That Enclose Keyboards
Pedalboard Type: No Pedalboard
Features:
1 Manuals (56 Notes)✗ No Pedal1 Divisions4 Stops5 RegistersMechanical (Unknown) Key ActionMechanical Stop Action

Stop Layout: Drawknobs in Vertical Rows on Flat Jambs
Expression Type: Unknown
Combination Action: None
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Jim Stettner on August 5th, 2023:

History of the 1851 Erben
-Built for the Presbyterian Church in Kearneysville, Virginia, now West Virginia, 1851.
-Moved to the Presbyterian Church in Leesburg, Virginia, 1901.
-Moved to the Old Presbyterian Meeting House, Alexandria, Virginia by Lewis & Hitchcock, Inc.,
1956, and placed in the front of the gallery.
-Moved to Immanuel Presbyterian Church, McLean, Virginia by Cleveland Fisher, 1962.
-Moved to the home of Ira (Ben) Faidley, McLean, Virginia by Jim Baird ca. 1980.
-Moved to St. Luke's Anglican Catholic Church, Fredericksburg, Virginia, by Jim Baird and David
Dutton, 2009.


Database Manager on October 30th, 2004:

From Trinity Episcopal, Shepherdstown, WV in 1901. In 1946, removed and place in storage. Then Then in 1956 to Old Presbyterian Meeting House, Alexandria, VA.

[Editor: According to organ builder Jim Baird who moved and installed the organ twice, the Trinity Episcopal Shepherdstown attribution is incorrect. 2023-08-05.]

Related Instrument Entries: Lewis & Hitchcock, Inc. (1956) , James R. Baird (ca. 1980) , Cleveland Herman Fisher (1962) , James R. Baird (2009) , Henry Erben (1851)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society