Unknown Builder
1927

Originally John Brown (1901)

First German Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity

Sanctuary

East Genesee St.
Wellsville, NY, US

16 Ranks
Instrument ID: 68033 ● Builder ID: 6193 ● Location ID: 44549
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

Plenum Organ Company

🤝 Instrument entries in New York sponsored by:

We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue our mission of preserving and promoting the rich history of pipe organs across the globe.

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

No images are available. If you have pictures of this instrument, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add Image

STOPLISTS

No stoplist details are available. If you have stoplists, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: John Brown
Position: Keydesk Attached
Design: Traditional With a Keyboard Cover That Can Be Lifted To Form a Music Rack
Pedalboard Type: Unknown
Features:
2 Manuals (61 Notes)27 Note Pedal3 Divisions16 Stops23 RegistersMechanical (Unknown) Key ActionMechanical Stop Action✓ Combination Trundle(s)✓ Coupler Trundle(s)

Stop Layout: Drawknobs in Horizontal Rows on Terraced/Stepped Jambs
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Details Unknown)
Combination Action: Fixed Mechanical
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Extant and Playable in this location

Scot Huntington on February 12th, 2022:

Following a major rebuilding (or expansion?), of the front of the historic frame church, the John Brown organ was moved from the rear gallery to the front chancel area, presumably free standing and encased, without alteration, and retaining its mechanical action.

As part of yet another rebuilding of the chancel area in 1941, the organ was electrified and slightly enlarged/modified by the Schlicker Organ Co. of Buffalo, New York. The organ was entombed in a single deep chamber on the left side of the chancel, fully enclosed, and retaining virtually all the historic Brown pipework without alteration.

Related Instrument Entries: John Brown (1901) , Schlicker Organ Co. (1941 ca.) , Heritage Pipe Organs (2003) , Schlicker Organ Co. (1974)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society