126 Fort Couch Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15642 US
Saint Thomas More Church
Organ ID: 72856
Moller Opus 8926, located in the former Central Presbyterian Church, Buffalo, NY, was donated by Buffalo real estate firm and building owner, Ellicott Development, in 2013 for eventual installation at Saint Thomas More Church, Resurrection Parish, Bethel Park, PA.
A new console crafted by R.A. Colby and finished by Walker Technical was crafted in 2016 and made into a fully digital organ by Walker Technical as funds were raised for pipe restoration and installation.
Pipework was completed in 2023, creating a new hybrid instrument .
All pipework was utilized except for Great Mixture, Swell Voix, and 1-12 of Swell Bourdon from the main 1956 original organ, and the 1965 antiphonal.
Chambers are located behind screens on either side of the sactuaty with Great, Pedal, and choir of the left of center and Swell, Solo, and Positiv to the right.
Removal of organ from Central Presbyterian Church, Buffalo, NY: Photograph by Nathan Bellas. Taken on 2013-01-02
Loading chambers at new location, St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, PA: Photograph by Nathan Bellas. Taken on 2013-01-02
Saint Thomas More Church exterior: Photograph from an archival source: Internet, submitted by Nathan Bellas. Taken on 2006-03-02